Due to COVID 19, the Leightman Maxey Foundation is taking a proactive funding approach in an effort to best support those nonprofits whose work is directly aligned with the Foundation’s mission.
In lieu of the September 1st application cycle, the Foundation will solely be making discretionary grants. If your organization is awarded a discretionary grant you will be notified no later than July 31, 2020.
It is the Foundation’s intention to resume its typical application process for the March 1, 2021 funding cycle. At this time, applications are scheduled to become available for that funding cycle on December 1, 2020.
Before completing a grant application, please read and familiarize yourself with the information found under the tab “Guidelines + Process”.
Application Procedures and Deadlines
All applications must be submitted electronically, through the Foundation’s online grant portal. Proposals sent by mail or fax will not be accepted. Late applications will not be considered.
There are two grant application deadlines a year: March 1 & September 1
Generally, grant applications for the March 1 funding cycle become available December 1 and grant applications for the September 1 funding cycle become available June 1.
- If you submit a grant application for the March 1 funding cycle, the beginning date for the use of funds requested may not be before June 1.
- If you submit a grant application for the September 1 funding cycle, the beginning date for the use of funds requested may not be before December 1.
The following links will take you to the Applicant Tutorials:
- Video Tutorial 1: Site Access and Account Creation
- Tutorial Video 2: Applying for Funding
- Video Tutorial 3: Your Applicant Dashboard
- Written Applicant Tutorial